About Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
IQAC is a part of any accredited Higher Educational Institutions
(HEI) and works towards the
realization of the goals of quality enhancement, bench marking and sustenance measures. The
prime aim of the IQAC
is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic actions to improve the academic
performance of the institution and to promote measures for the institutional functioning towards
quality of education on par with global standards. Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has
been made as
an integral and independent part of this University.
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for Netaji Subhash University
through institutionlizing and internalizing all the initiaves taken with internal and external
To impower Teachers, students and society through value, skill and technology
oriented teaching, learning research and extension activities; enhance their creative,
innovative and employable abilities in the context of the evolving knoledge society and economy,
influenced by global challenges and changes and promoted holistic and inclusive growth.
- Documentation of the various activities of the Netaji Subhash University for the quality
- Act as a Nodal Agency for the University coordinating the quality related activities,
includig adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Developing database for the Netaji Subhash University for the purpose of maintaining and
enhancing the institutional quality.
- To institutionalize quality benchmarking and to inculcate a ‘Quality Culture’ among various
constituents of the Netaji Subhash University.
- To enhance the awareness of Institutional Quality Assurance.
- To develop system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and
administrative performance of the institution.
- To keep the institution abreast of quality sustenance.
- To generate good practices, ideas, planning, implementing and measuring the outcome of
academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- Meetings were convened at regular intervals to discuss the introduction of new and
innovative courses, interaction between the schools, modalities for implementing more
co-curricular activities for students and to promote faculty competency and ensure
- Development of quality benchmarks /parameters for the various academic and administrative
activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education,
organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality
- Documentation of various events /programmes /activities leading to quality improvement.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC.
- Conducting regular Academic Audit.
Will facilitate / contribute to:
- Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and
institutionalize all good practices
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication